"Inverclyde", 3757 Yagaburne Boondandilla Road, Moonie, QLD, 4406, AUS
Large scale breeding, backgrounding & farming –– Moonie District –– Cattle, goats, sheep & broadacre.
Other - Moonie QLD
“Inverclyde”, Moonie, QLD, 4406 | 6,668.237 HA (approx. 16,477.21 AC*)
IF NOT SOLD PRIOR
Expression of Interest
Closing: 30 November 2023, 5:00pm
AREA & TENURE:
– Total 16,477.21 Acres (6,668.237 Hectares).
– Lot 4 CP PG97, Lot 5 CP PG97, Lot 10 CP DY336 (5470.237 ha – Freehold)
– Rates: $7140.25 approximately per half year – Goondiwindi Regional Council.
– Lot 12 CP DY1073 Leasehold (approx. 1198 ha)
– Rates: $703.89 per half year (Western Downs Regional Council)
– Annual Land Rent $1496.78 per annum (Dept of Resources)
36km Southeast Moonie, 87km West Millmerran, 96km North Goondiwindi, 150km Southwest Dalby and 168km West Toowoomba with access via all-weather gravel roads, Narromine Road or Yagaburne Boondandilla Road.
Regional single-phase power, TV reception, internet, mobile phone reception. All weather road to house and cattle yards. Daily mail service to Moonie Rural Transaction Centre, twice weekly mail to the property. Moonie RTC services: Post office, library, community craft shop. Moonie Sports Club: Tennis, netball, cricket, keep fit classes, etc. Moonie Crossroads Hotel: Excellent dining room, bar and café. Primary school in Moonie. Primary and secondary schools in Goondiwindi, Dalby and Toowoomba. Saleyards at Dalby, Goondiwindi & Toowoomba. Grass airstrip.
625mm (25 inch) annual average.
“Inverclyde” has an excellent mixture of soils with friable softly undulating brigalow/belah grey and chocolate soils to soft red loamy wilga/belah soils and areas of gilgai.
Main grasses and pastures include native couch grass, buffel, bambatsi, creeping blue grass, silk sorghum and purple pigeon grass.
Cultivation area is 1,640 acres comprising 1,550 acres which is currently cultivated and cropped, and 90 acres black soil used for hay production.
A further 10,000 acres can be cropped. 14,600 acres of open/recently pulled country with improved pastures/native grasses and areas of low regrowth. There is 7,500 acres carrying good body of dry feed.
Approx. 250 of acres brigalow has had recent Velpar application.
550MG overland flow dam near the main homestead supplies water to livestock troughs and homestead gardens. 250MG cel is in need of wall repair.
– 63mm pipeline in place from 2 dams to tanks and troughs watering 14 paddocks also interlinked system with eastern bore.
– 10 dams water the remainder of the property.
– 2 bores with submersible pumps supply water to turkeys’ nests.
– Solar dam pump tank and troughs servicing 4 paddocks.
– Clear water dam, in addition to rainwater tanks, supply water to houses.
– Reticulated water system throughout most of property.
– Subdivided into approximately 21 paddocks plus holding paddocks.
– Fencing in new condition.
– All internal paddocks are fenced with 8-90-30 netting and three barbs.
– Fully exclusion fence around perimeter of property with approximately half of the boundary fence being wild dog barrier netting fence maintained by Goondiwindi Regional Council and Western Downs Regional Council.
Owners estimate to run approx. 1,000 cow breeders through to weaning; or 25,000 goats and 150 cows; in addition to 1,550 acres cultivation. This could be greatly increased with further pasture development.
Large older style chamferboard home with 6-bedrooms and office (partly renovated). Built-ins throughout and ensuite off the main bedroom (newly renovated). Open plan kitchen/lounge/dining (newly renovated), evaporative and reverse cycle air conditioning, 2-car cemented carport, cold-room, and large veranda with views over dam.
5-bedroom Hardie Plank home with views over the lagoon. Modern open plan kitchen, with walk-in pantry, large main bathroom with spa and additional downstairs toilet and shower. Built-ins in all bedrooms and walk-in wardrobe in main bedroom. Large formal dining room, polished floors and double lock up garage converted to rumpus room. Partially air-conditioned. Needs renovating.
2-bedroom weatherboard cottage with eat-in kitchen and large timber entertaining veranda set in attractive lawns and gardens. Has evaporative air-conditioning and wood heater.
Airconditioned 2-bedroom quarters with eat-in kitchen (recently renovated). Reverse cycle air con.
– 19m x 13m 3 Sided steel hay shed with cemented area and power connected.
– 4 Stand woolshed, with power connected.
– 10m x 17m Cotton seed/machinery shed.
– 14m x 14m 2 Bay steel grain/machinery shed with cement floor converted to workshop.
– 3 Seed silos, 3 main grain silos with aerators, 2 smaller grain silos.
– Silage pit 1,000T capacity.
– Gravel quarry.
– Air Strip – 750m grass runway.
Very good condition steel cattle yards on gravel pad with undercover crush, bugle race, 6-way air draft, loading ramp, water connected and calf race with capacity for over 1000 head.
Goat yards adjacent to steel cattle yards. 5-way air-operated Gallagher auto drafter and separate loading ramp. Yards in very good condition.
Second set of goat/cattle yards with crush, round yard drafting and loading ramp, services the northeastern side of the property. In good condition.
Old set of timber cattle yards with loading ramp (needs repair).
All yards are accessible by road train/B-double.
“Inverclyde” is one of the larger holdings in the Moonie district. Well located approximately 40km to Moonie with good access to livestock markets and grain silos. “Inverclyde” has a good mixture of soils and is very well developed to pasture and cultivation. A versatile large scale property ideal for cropping, backgrounding, grazing or fattening cattle, goats and sheep.
Andrew Kirtley | 0400 598 866
Roger Lyne | 0427 698 866